Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Proud Parent Moment

So today Katie and I were walking through Target (my fav store) and we hear a little voice yell out "KATIE" so we turn around and it is a little girl that is in the Cinderella play with Katie. Katie yells "Emma" and they run to each other and hug. Katie had talked about Emma and said that she was born with a small hand and she was glad she was the Fairy Godmother because of her small hand. I hadn't had the privilege of meeting Emma yet, so Target provided our first meeting. Emma does in fact have a birth defect and was born without a right hand. She uses her little arm without the hand very effectively after watching her. Katie and Emma gave each other hugs and were planning play dates while her mom and I talked. I was so happy that Katie was not fazed by a girl that was different than her and the answer of 'she was born that way' was completely acceptable to her. I know it is a dorky thing to be happy about, but at 6yrs old, kids are BRUTALLY honest and I am so happy that Katie loves unconditionally! We must be doing something right!

2 comments:

  1. We have always known Katie loves unconditionally. This just proves it.
    Love a proud Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be showing her how! She seems like such a great girl, you've got a lot to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete