Monday, November 9, 2009

Already November!


We were popular!!! Uhh...huge spider Revolving Restaurant
Smelly Cheese stop in the wine tour
Hunter Valley wine tour

The BEST zoo ever!!! Taronga zoo. The view was great, the animals weren't sad looking and we got to stand by kangaroos and kahola bears!

Dean was the best 'whip-cracker' and he 'gave it a go' at boomerang throwing too!

A future nurse on the Nurses Walk!
Doesn't Dean look SO EXCITED to climb the bridge in Sydney?????

The bridge we climbed!
Dinner cruise pics


Well, I am way behind, so here is a quick catch up. Dean, my mom and myself went to Australia the beginning of Oct. It was a wonderful experience that we were so fortunate to be a part of. I have some picture of that trip I will post. Katie spent the time in Idaho with family and friends and from what they tell us, she did really great. We were so proud of her since that was along time to be apart from us and so grateful for all the family help we have so we are able to take trips like this.
Dean had his birthday Oct 12th and unfortunately we were traveling back to the US that day, but it was kind of cool because of the giant time/day change he had a birthday for almost 2 days.
The first harvest at Dean's new plant came to a successful end when we were on vacation. Overall I think I was a good first harvest, but that is easy for me to say since I wasn't the one working non-stop for 2 months.
I have an interview at the local hospital I really would like to work at on Thursday the 12th. So hopefully I will have some good news about a job soon and if not at least it will be good interview experience for a job as a nurse. School is good and almost done. Crazy to think about, but I will be graduating in a little over a month. I am working my 90hr preceptor-ship and I was paired up with a nurse at St. Al's Family Maternity Center. For those that know me, you are laughing out loud since I am not the mother/baby/labor type, but my nurse is awesome and it is good for me to be outside of my box and tested at times. I only have 6 more 12hr shifts to go!
Katie was sick last week, but is all better now. Dean was super dad/dr. and took great care of her when I was in Idaho. She still has a bit of a cough, but I think that will hang on for a few days. She is back to her sassy self so that is always a good sign. School is going good as far as we can tell. We have parent teacher conferences the Tues before Thanksgiving so we will know more then.
I am sure there is a lot that I am leaving out, but for now that is all I can think of. If anything exciting happens you all will be the first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment