Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Team Hard-Core and the Cinderella play

So my friends at school and I have been labeled "Team Hard-Core" do to our (my friends) study habits and our typically good grades. Well, it appears that is rolling over into my parenting. Tonight was the Cinderella performance. So for a play to flow, everyone needs to have done their part to learn their lines!!! So the 'hard-core-ness' of Dean and I was coming out when the others little ones didn't do their part so Katie could do hers. Needless to say, our Katie was telling (bossing) everyone and telling them what to do and what their next line was. It was a disaster and success all at the same time. I get that they are 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders, but come on parents, help your kids out and help them learn their parts!!! Okay, I am done venting. It is obvious that Katie was born to do this, she is able to memorize things easily and loves attention....so this is for her. She did great, but that is also an opinion coming from her mom! haha. Anyway, it was fun to watch and she enjoyed herself and that is all that counts. We also have a play date next week with one of the girls so that is something to look forward to. We have a couple weeks off before the next summer camp starts up again.

1 comment:

  1. Go Mini-Hard-Core! When she wins an Oscar I want to hear thanks to Team Hard-Core for corrupting her!

    I'm glad things are going so well there. We miss Christy at study group, it's not the same without periodic escapes into Christy-fairy land!

    Cosette

    ReplyDelete